OpenBCM V1.07b12 (Linux)

Packet Radio Mailbox

IZ3LSV

[San Dona' di P. JN65H]

 Login: GUEST





  
CX2SA  > SATDIG   12.05.19 11:16l 883 Lines 29140 Bytes #999 (0) @ WW
BID : AMSATBB14171
Read: GUEST
Subj: AMSAT-BB-digest V14 171
Path: IZ3LSV<ED1ZAC<CX2SA
Sent: 190430/1814Z @:CX2SA.SAL.URY.SOAM #:4727 [Salto] FBB7.00e $:AMSATBB14171
From: CX2SA@CX2SA.SAL.URY.SOAM
To  : SATDIG@WW

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble? (Andrew Glasbrenner)
   2. Re: Linear Transponder Up and Down link frequency	calculator
      (Hasan al-Basri)
   3. Re: Karl Janskey call sign (Jim JIpping)
   4. Re: Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble? (Andrew Glasbrenner)
   5. Re: Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble? (Burns Fisher)
   6. Re: Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble? (skristof@???????.????
   7. Re: Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble? (Paul Stoetzer)
   8. Re: Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble? (skristof@???????.????
   9. iOS app Maidenhead (Douglas Tabor)
  10. Yaesu GS-232B Rotor Interface to computer RS-232C Port	Help!
      (cbs045@???????.????
  11. Re: Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble? (Anthony Di Iorio)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 08:11:18 -0400
From: "Andrew Glasbrenner" <glasbrenner@??????????.???>
To: <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
Message-ID: <02fc01d4ff4d$d10bc080$73234180$@??????????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset="us-ascii"

My first pass is just after noon. If it hasn't self-corrected by then, I'll
try a reset.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Alan via AMSAT-BB
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:10 AM
To: 'Hans BX2ABT' <hans.bx2abt@???.?????.???>; APBIDDLE@???????.???
Cc: amsat-bb@?????.???
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?

Hans,

Looks like if it IDs, the signal is normal and you get the usual 2 telemetry
frames.  If the transponder has been brought up, you get the odd signal,
with a brief switch to DUV at the end, but no telemetry.  The command staff
have been notified.

73,

Alan
WA4SCA


<-----Original Message-----
<From: Hans BX2ABT [mailto:hans.bx2abt@???.?????.????
<Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 01:14 AM
<To: APBIDDLE@???????.???
<Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
<
<Hello Alan,
<
<Then you were luckier than I was. I couldn't get anything. Let's just <wait
and see.
<
<73 de Hans
<
<BX2ABT
<
<
<On 04/30/2019 01:34 PM, Alan wrote:
<> Hans,
<>
<> Saw your post, and was able to catch part of a pass here.  As you
described.
<>
<>
<> There were two periods where the audio switched to the normal DUV
<rumble, <> and I got 2 frames each time.
<>
<> 73,
<>
<> Alan
<> WA4SCA
<>
<>
<> <-----Original Message-----
<> <From: AMSAT-BB [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???? On Behalf Of <Hans <>
<BX2ABT via AMSAT-BB <> <Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 00:05 AM <> <To:
amsat-bb@?????.??? <> <Subject: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
<> <
<> <Just had a good pass from Fox-1B, but it seems the bird is in trouble.
<> <No telemetry and no voices heard, just weird noises. I put a screen shot
<> <on my website: BX2ABT.com. Let's just hope a reset will cure this bird.
<> <73 de Hans (BX2ABT)
<> <
<> <_______________________________________________
<> <Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum <available
<> <to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
<Opinions
<> <expressed
<> <are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
<> AMSAT- <> <NA.
<> <Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite <>
<program!
<> <Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
<>
<>
<>
<>

_______________________________________________
Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to all
interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official
views of AMSAT-NA.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb



------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 09:00:05 -0500
From: Hasan al-Basri <hbasri.schiers6@?????.???>
To: Wendy and Terry Osborne <wandtosborne@?????.???>
Cc: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Linear Transponder Up and Down link frequency
calculator
Message-ID:
<CAM4UQf0QerVydDcvzu_i0bvZw4rQTU0-yk1BQJTxNKaVu=7fvQ@????.?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Absolutelyl, no worries about doppler. The only one of concern was the 1200
Hz error and I think that was a typo. I'll look for the update. Tnx so
much, it is a wonderful asset to sat ops. 73, N0AN
Hasan


On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 11:56 PM Wendy and Terry Osborne <
wandtosborne@?????.???> wrote:

> Hi Hassan,
>
> Just added CAS-4A to the list.
> I was working off the AMSAT-NA Laminated frequency chart (April 2018).
> Should have spotted it.
>
> I have also tweaked the frequency on CAS-4B to track with your
> measurements.
> Use the same link for the updated program.
>
> I?m tempted to add a few hundred Hertz to the conversion numbers to get
> them spot on but the error
> is probably less than the doppler correction required.
>
> Trying to correct for doppler would require a built in tracking program
> and then you might as well use SatPC32.
>
> 73,
> Terry ZL2BAC
>
> *From:* Hasan al-Basri <hbasri.schiers6@?????.???>
> *Sent:* Sunday, April 28, 2019 11:48 PM
> *To:* Wendy and Terry Osborne <wandtosborne@?????.???>
> *Cc:* AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
> *Subject:* Re: [amsat-bb] Linear Transponder Up and Down link frequency
> calculator
>
> Very nice Terry, but you forgot CAS-4a  :-)
>
> I work with pre-defined sat pairs to avoid Wifi spikes. Here are the
> results for some of the common birds using our downlink and your uplink
> (predicted) vs. what our uplinks really are for perfect audio.
>
> CAS-4B 145.918  435.287  Actual: 435.285.900
> XW-2A  145.672   435.043  : 435.042.600
> XW-2B  145.733   435.107  : 435.106.800
> XW-2C  145.798   435.167  : 435.166.800
>
> Very solid agreement, tnx so much. It would have saved  us a lot of time
> setting up the first time, had we had you nice program.
>
> Please add CAS-4A when you get time.
>
> 73, N0AN
>
>
> Hasan
>
>
> On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 8:41 PM Wendy and Terry Osborne via AMSAT-BB <
> amsat-bb@?????.???> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> With the number of Linear Transponder Satellites that are operational or
>> in the pipeline,
>> I thought a simple program to convert uplink to downlink frequencies was
>> worth writing.
>> I?ve written one for Windows.
>> You can find it here:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4o375h6bygjxkzr/AABi9Ck9Wc6ODrhXwIVHxI-_a?dl=0
>> I?ve put the exe file and the same file in zip format.
>> I have put all the current birds plus the ones that have launches pending.
>> Just select the satellite of interest from the ?Satellite? drop down
>> menu,
>> put your frequency into the text box and hit the Up or Dn calculate
>> button.
>>
>> Let me know if you think this is useful.
>>
>> 73,
>> Terry Osborne ZL2BAC
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
>> Opinions expressed
>> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
>> AMSAT-NA.
>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
>> Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>>
>


------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 11:00:49 -0400
From: Jim JIpping <jhjipping@?????.???>
To: Nick Pugh <quadpugh@?????????.???>, amsat-bb@?????.???
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Karl Janskey call sign
Message-ID: <80f2ce74-a17d-d7e8-f454-089f926b96c5@?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed

Karl Janski was an electrical engineer employed by Bell Telephone. In
the 1930's he was given the task to help find a means for trans
continental communications . While researching the 20 mhz spectrum he
can across a strange hiss that showed up several minutes earlier each
day.? He suspected that it came from the Milky Way Galaxy.? He did not
pursue looking into the phenomenon as his employer had other work for
him to do.

It was Grote Reber, W9GFZ, who really started researching radio sources
in the sky.

Both Janski's and Reber's radio telescopes are on display at the
National Radio Astronomy Observatory at Green Bank, WV, the home of the
world's largest steerable radio telescope.? If you ever get near the
area, a stop at the facility with its many telescopes and excellent
visitor's center is a MUST.

The observatory's radio club has been granted Reber's call, W9GVZ, They
use it to commemorate radio astronomy in special events.? I spent
several summers as a physics teacher studying radio astronomy at Green
Bank and was able to help operate W9GVZ during a special event? at the
dedication of the Robert Byrd Telescope in August, 2000.? I have to tell
you that Green Bank is quite a place.? I get back there as often as I can!

Jim Jipping, W8MRR, AMSAT 5512

On 4/28/2019 5:48 AM, Nick Pugh via AMSAT-BB wrote:
> Hello  All
> Karl Jaskey is the father of radio astronomy . Was Karl Janskey a license
> amateur if so what was his call sign?
> Tnx nick de k5qxj
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb


------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:17:11 -0400
From: "Andrew Glasbrenner" <glasbrenner@??????????.???>
To: <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
Message-ID: <034301d4ff70$2a9eb090$7fdc11b0$@??????????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset="us-ascii"

I cycled the power to the IHU and it popped right back the way it should be.
Should be fine now, but reports for the next day or two will be appreciated.

73, Drew KO4MA
AMSAT VP Operations

-----Original Message-----
From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Andrew Glasbrenner
via AMSAT-BB
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:11 AM
To: amsat-bb@?????.???
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?

My first pass is just after noon. If it hasn't self-corrected by then, I'll
try a reset.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Alan via AMSAT-BB
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:10 AM
To: 'Hans BX2ABT' <hans.bx2abt@???.?????.???>; APBIDDLE@???????.???
Cc: amsat-bb@?????.???
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?

Hans,

Looks like if it IDs, the signal is normal and you get the usual 2 telemetry
frames.  If the transponder has been brought up, you get the odd signal,
with a brief switch to DUV at the end, but no telemetry.  The command staff
have been notified.

73,

Alan
WA4SCA


<-----Original Message-----
<From: Hans BX2ABT [mailto:hans.bx2abt@???.?????.????
<Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 01:14 AM
<To: APBIDDLE@???????.???
<Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
<
<Hello Alan,
<
<Then you were luckier than I was. I couldn't get anything. Let's just <wait
and see.
<
<73 de Hans
<
<BX2ABT
<
<
<On 04/30/2019 01:34 PM, Alan wrote:
<> Hans,
<>
<> Saw your post, and was able to catch part of a pass here.  As you
described.
<>
<>
<> There were two periods where the audio switched to the normal DUV
<rumble, <> and I got 2 frames each time.
<>
<> 73,
<>
<> Alan
<> WA4SCA
<>
<>
<> <-----Original Message-----
<> <From: AMSAT-BB [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???? On Behalf Of <Hans <>
<BX2ABT via AMSAT-BB <> <Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 00:05 AM <> <To:
amsat-bb@?????.??? <> <Subject: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
<> <
<> <Just had a good pass from Fox-1B, but it seems the bird is in trouble.
<> <No telemetry and no voices heard, just weird noises. I put a screen shot
<> <on my website: BX2ABT.com. Let's just hope a reset will cure this bird.
<> <73 de Hans (BX2ABT)
<> <
<> <_______________________________________________
<> <Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum <available
<> <to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
<Opinions
<> <expressed
<> <are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
<> AMSAT- <> <NA.
<> <Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite <>
<program!
<> <Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
<>
<>
<>
<>

_______________________________________________
Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to all
interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official
views of AMSAT-NA.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

_______________________________________________
Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to all
interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official
views of AMSAT-NA.
Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb



------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:02:00 -0400
From: Burns Fisher <burns@??????.??>
To: Andrew Glasbrenner <glasbrenner@??????????.???>
Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
Message-ID:
<CABX7KxXevg-GDfOfkNujHimoF_JA0Q_29DT9sk2ZZpuPZPuVfg@????.?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Looks much better all right.  If cycling the  IHU fixed it, that does imply
it was an IHU problem, although we could have guessed that the tx was ok,
since we were getting telemetry ok.  Since the IHU cycled ok, that implies
that it was not the program memory.  Given that we got telemetry in idle
and for a few seconds after the transponder went off, that means a lot of
stuff was ok.  I'm guessing that probably some bits got flipped in the data
for the software high pass filter, which would explain why there was trash
in what should have been the telemetry audio frequency band (below 200Hz).

73,

Burns WB1FJ
AMSAT Fox Software

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM Andrew Glasbrenner via AMSAT-BB <
amsat-bb@?????.???> wrote:

> I cycled the power to the IHU and it popped right back the way it should
> be.
> Should be fine now, but reports for the next day or two will be
> appreciated.
>
> 73, Drew KO4MA
> AMSAT VP Operations
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Andrew
> Glasbrenner
> via AMSAT-BB
> Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:11 AM
> To: amsat-bb@?????.???
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
>
> My first pass is just after noon. If it hasn't self-corrected by then, I'll
> try a reset.
>
> Drew
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???> On Behalf Of Alan via AMSAT-BB
> Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:10 AM
> To: 'Hans BX2ABT' <hans.bx2abt@???.?????.???>; APBIDDLE@???????.???
> Cc: amsat-bb@?????.???
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
>
> Hans,
>
> Looks like if it IDs, the signal is normal and you get the usual 2
> telemetry
> frames.  If the transponder has been brought up, you get the odd signal,
> with a brief switch to DUV at the end, but no telemetry.  The command staff
> have been notified.
>
> 73,
>
> Alan
> WA4SCA
>
>
> <-----Original Message-----
> <From: Hans BX2ABT [mailto:hans.bx2abt@???.?????.????
> <Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 01:14 AM
> <To: APBIDDLE@???????.???
> <Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
> <
> <Hello Alan,
> <
> <Then you were luckier than I was. I couldn't get anything. Let's just
> <wait
> and see.
> <
> <73 de Hans
> <
> <BX2ABT
> <
> <
> <On 04/30/2019 01:34 PM, Alan wrote:
> <> Hans,
> <>
> <> Saw your post, and was able to catch part of a pass here.  As you
> described.
> <>
> <>
> <> There were two periods where the audio switched to the normal DUV
> <rumble, <> and I got 2 frames each time.
> <>
> <> 73,
> <>
> <> Alan
> <> WA4SCA
> <>
> <>
> <> <-----Original Message-----
> <> <From: AMSAT-BB [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@?????.???? On Behalf Of <Hans
> <>
> <BX2ABT via AMSAT-BB <> <Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 00:05 AM <> <To:
> amsat-bb@?????.??? <> <Subject: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
> <> <
> <> <Just had a good pass from Fox-1B, but it seems the bird is in trouble.
> <> <No telemetry and no voices heard, just weird noises. I put a screen
> shot
> <> <on my website: BX2ABT.com. Let's just hope a reset will cure this bird.
> <> <73 de Hans (BX2ABT)
> <> <
> <> <_______________________________________________
> <> <Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum <available
> <> <to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
> <Opinions
> <> <expressed
> <> <are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views
> of
> <> AMSAT- <> <NA.
> <> <Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite <>
> <program!
> <> <Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
> <>
> <>
> <>
> <>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to
> all
> interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official
> views of AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to
> all
> interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official
> views of AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
> AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>


------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:20:28 -0400
From: skristof@???????.???
To: Burns Fisher <burns@??????.??>
Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
Message-ID: <cf4d0b34b3fbf04eaa6601174875301f@???????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

Nothing heard from AO-91 on pass over EM79 a few minutes ago. Sometimes
it's me, so if somebody else was able to transmit through the bird, go
with that.

Steve AI9IN

On 2019-04-30 1:02 pm, Burns Fisher via AMSAT-BB wrote:

>> I cycled the power to the IHU and it popped right back the way it should
>> be.
>> Should be fine now, but reports for the next day or two will be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> 73, Drew KO4MA
>> AMSAT VP Operations
>>
>> -Looks much better all right.  If cycling the  IHU fixed it, that does
imply
>> it was an IHU problem, although we could have guessed that the tx was ok,
>> since we were getting telemetry ok.  Since the IHU cycled ok, that implies
>> that it was not the program memory.  Given that we got telemetry in idle
>> and for a few seconds after the transponder went off, that means a lot of
>> stuff was ok.  I'm guessing that probably some bits got flipped in the data
>> for the software high pass filter, which would explain why there was trash
>> in what should have been the telemetry audio frequency band (below 200Hz).
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Burns WB1FJ
>> AMSAT Fox Software
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM Andrew Glasbrenner via AMSAT-BB <
>> amsat-bb@?????.???> wrote:

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:25:32 -0400
From: Paul Stoetzer <n8hm@????.???>
To: Steve Kristoff <skristof@???????.???>
Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>, Burns Fisher <burns@??????.??>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
Message-ID:
<CABzOSOpdKyYvd7V_kYxDZTwMPy=NaUeS1nh=QHbbg+d62z4omA@????.?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

What time did you have for the pass?

The last pass started around 12:13 pm EDT. Next pass is around 1:48 pm.

73,

Paul, N8HM

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 1:20 PM AI9IN via AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
wrote:

> Nothing heard from AO-91 on pass over EM79 a few minutes ago. Sometimes
> it's me, so if somebody else was able to transmit through the bird, go
> with that.
>
> Steve AI9IN
>
> On 2019-04-30 1:02 pm, Burns Fisher via AMSAT-BB wrote:
>
> >> I cycled the power to the IHU and it popped right back the way it should
> >> be.
> >> Should be fine now, but reports for the next day or two will be
> >> appreciated.
> >>
> >> 73, Drew KO4MA
> >> AMSAT VP Operations
> >>
> >> -Looks much better all right.  If cycling the  IHU fixed it, that does
> imply
> >> it was an IHU problem, although we could have guessed that the tx was
> ok,
> >> since we were getting telemetry ok.  Since the IHU cycled ok, that
> implies
> >> that it was not the program memory.  Given that we got telemetry in idle
> >> and for a few seconds after the transponder went off, that means a lot
> of
> >> stuff was ok.  I'm guessing that probably some bits got flipped in the
> data
> >> for the software high pass filter, which would explain why there was
> trash
> >> in what should have been the telemetry audio frequency band (below
> 200Hz).
> >>
> >> 73,
> >>
> >> Burns WB1FJ
> >> AMSAT Fox Software
> >>
> >> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM Andrew Glasbrenner via AMSAT-BB <
> >> amsat-bb@?????.???> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
> AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>


------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 13:29:48 -0400
From: skristof@???????.???
To: Paul Stoetzer <n8hm@????.???>
Cc: AMSAT BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>, Burns Fisher <burns@??????.??>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
Message-ID: <92237cedc06eaebbf8bb2464ca241b31@???????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

I warned you it might be me. For some reason I used the time for the
pass coming up on Friday. Maybe I need a nap.

Steve AI9IN

On 2019-04-30 1:25 pm, Paul Stoetzer wrote:

> What time did you have for the pass?
>
> The last pass started around 12:13 pm EDT. Next pass is around 1:48 pm.
>
> 73,
>
> Paul, N8HM
>
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 1:20 PM AI9IN via AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
wrote:
>
>> Nothing heard from AO-91 on pass over EM79 a few minutes ago. Sometimes
>> it's me, so if somebody else was able to transmit through the bird, go
>> with that.
>>
>> Steve AI9IN
>>
>> On 2019-04-30 1:02 pm, Burns Fisher via AMSAT-BB wrote:
>>
>>>> I cycled the power to the IHU and it popped right back the way it should
>>>> be.
>>>> Should be fine now, but reports for the next day or two will be
>>>> appreciated.
>>>>
>>>> 73, Drew KO4MA
>>>> AMSAT VP Operations
>>>>
>>>> -Looks much better all right.  If cycling the  IHU fixed it, that does
imply
>>>> it was an IHU problem, although we could have guessed that the tx was ok,
>>>> since we were getting telemetry ok.  Since the IHU cycled ok, that
implies
>>>> that it was not the program memory.  Given that we got telemetry in idle
>>>> and for a few seconds after the transponder went off, that means a lot of
>>>> stuff was ok.  I'm guessing that probably some bits got flipped in the
data
>>>> for the software high pass filter, which would explain why there was
trash
>>>> in what should have been the telemetry audio frequency band (below
200Hz).
>>>>
>>>> 73,
>>>>
>>>> Burns WB1FJ
>>>> AMSAT Fox Software
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM Andrew Glasbrenner via AMSAT-BB <
>>>> amsat-bb@?????.???> wrote:
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
>> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership.
Opinions expressed
>> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
>> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
>> Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 19:43:17 -0600
From: Douglas Tabor <dtabor52@?????.???>
To: amsat-bb@?????.???
Subject: [amsat-bb] iOS app Maidenhead
Message-ID: <F20E8F5D-1408-4667-AC3A-657CE945D936@?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset=us-ascii

How much trust does one have WRT state boundaries and what Maidenhead
displays? The borders are often not straight nor do they always align with
Lat/Lon ... looking at Wyoming, we seem to have 8 more grids than our
rectangular shape would have one believe (some from Colorado and others from
Montana).

Anyone else see this or similar?

Thanks and 73,

Douglas Tabor,  N6UA
- Sent from my iPad

------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 21:06:05 -0600
From: cbs045@???????.???
To: "'amsat-bb@?????.????? <amsat-bb@?????.???>
Subject: [amsat-bb] Yaesu GS-232B Rotor Interface to computer RS-232C
Port	Help!
Message-ID: <82428f8d91a41bacf4929efc40b13316172b2f5b@>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Hello list members,
I have a new Yaesu GS-232B I'm having connection issues and could use
some help.
My system is a Dell XPS running Windows 7 Pro. Terminal emulator is
PuTTY.exeThis computer uses a real RS-232C port set to the only choice
of COM1. No COM2 port, parallel or printer ports are used with this
machine.
Port settings are 9600 baud, 8 bit, no parity, hardware control set to
none.
I'm sure my computer, RS-232C port and strait RS-232C cables are good
because I have no trouble connecting to another device. (Juniper
CTP-1002 router)I tried all combinations of hardware control options,
port speeds and always get a blank screen with only a cursor when
connected to the Yaesu GS-232B.

Anybody have any suggestions what I might be overlooking?
Thank You,
N8OCX
Brook Smith



------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 01:41:22 -0400
From: Anthony Di Iorio <anthony@???????.??>
To: amsat-bb@?????.???
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Fox -1B / AO-91 in trouble?
Message-ID:
<CABnpct+RJq-GOLA4ftZNKmMd_8tnes5u8zsqTtZz+iUK2NtRBw@????.?????.???>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

I'm seeing the same signal here. The beacon sounds fine, but no audio on
the transponder https://imgur.com/a/UvWxaA2

Anthony VE2HEW

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 1:29 AM Scott via AMSAT-BB <amsat-bb@?????.???>
wrote:

> Unfortunately, same thing observed 0519 UTC off U.S. East Coast, Hans.
>
> Screen shot on my tweet at:
> https://twitter.com/scott23192/status/1123096104365625344
>
> -Scott,  K4KDR
>
> ===================
>
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 1:06 AM Hans BX2ABT via AMSAT-BB <
> amsat-bb@?????.???>
> wrote:
>
> > Just had a good pass from Fox-1B, but it seems the bird is in trouble.
> > No telemetry and no voices heard, just weird noises. I put a screen shot
> > on my website: BX2ABT.com. Let's just hope a reset will cure this bird.
> > 73 de Hans (BX2ABT)
> >
> _______________________________________________
> Sent via AMSAT-BB@?????.???. AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available
> to all interested persons worldwide without requiring membership. Opinions
> expressed
> are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
> AMSAT-NA.
> Not an AMSAT-NA member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
> Subscription settings: https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb
>


------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Sent via amsat-bb@?????.???.
AMSAT-NA makes this open forum available to all interested persons worldwide
without requiring membership.  Opinions expressed
are solely those of the author, and do not reflect the official views of
AMSAT-NA.
Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
https://www.amsat.org/mailman/listinfo/amsat-bb

------------------------------

End of AMSAT-BB Digest, Vol 14, Issue 171
*****************************************


Read previous mail | Read next mail


 26.06.2019 07:43:13lGo back Go up